9Apps : is a name that is quite familiar with Android users these days. People always tend to look for exuberant alternatives to everything, ranging from pieces of tech to mammoth trucks, cars etc. Such an alternative to trivial Android app market is 9Apps. In 2013, UCWeb (a subsidiary of Alibaba Group) came up with 9Apps which allows users to download not only apps, but ringtones, themes, games, and much more. The idea was fascinating and it was an instant success. As of now, the app is being used in over a hundred countries, and daily, there is over 25 million downloads done from it. Though it may sound nothing when compared to Google Play or Apple’s App Store, but it is still quite a big achievement as the app was launched just a few years ago. Alibaba has always been famous for its apps and other affiliations and though not so famous globally, it is worshipped in China and its other Asian neighbours.
9Apps, 9Aps, 9Apps for Android, 9Apps Games
Apart from 9Apps for android, other apps that come from the house of Alibaba include Alipay, B2B, and yes, the well-known mobile browser, UC Browser. As of now, the app just covers the Android platform, but people are working hard to make it available to other platforms as well. Talking of the app, 9Apps is a relatively smaller app than other Android Markets. It is just a mere 2.4MB in size which is 1/40th Google Play and is a lot faster and better looking (not to mention how nicely it is optimized for the Android devices).
9Apps was released in December 2013 as a third-party app marketplace which allows its users to download (almost) every single app available on the Android platform for free. Yes, for free! That is one of the many great features that 9Apps offers to its users. Because of things like these, a lot of people have switched to 9Apps (for its simplicity and ease of access).
One question that is asked frequently when it comes to 9Apps, is it virus-free? The answer is simple, check the number of people using it, and the numbers keep on rising every day. If it had been a hub for viruses and other adwares, people would have discarded it after its release. Growing numbers and fans everyday clearly state that it is 100% free from viruses (and reliable as well). Earlier, UCWeb had decided to make two separate apps – 9Apps (for download Android apps) and 9Games (for Android games). Although, both were merged as a single unit later on.
9Apps vs. other App Stores–
- Not every app on the Play Store is for free. Premium apps/games such as Poweramp, Asphalt 7, GTA series etc. are quite expensive and not everybody is ready to sacrifice money on simple mobile phone applications or games. To their ease, 9Apps games provides free unlimited downloads (games, apps, music, ringtones etc.).
- App availability is limited on the Play Store. Plenty of apps are not available in a specific region and/or on some phones. To counter that, apps and other stuff on 9Apps is available for download 24/7. So, enjoy hassle-free and high-speed downloads.
- Well tested apps by the community and the team. So, no need to worry about viruses or bugs. 9Apps guarantees the safety of the device.
- Small sized app with a huge collection of other apps and games. Direct links to download are provided, so sharing becomes easier.
- And what is the best feature of this app? One feature where it straightforwardly outshines every single app store is that, every single app, game, video, music, theme, and ringtone it offers is completely free of cost! Amazed? Well, that’s not all. If you are thinking that the app collection will be below par, 9Apps has got every single premium app/game (including platformers) for free. Even those games that are not available on Play Store (or are not free), 9Apps provides those apps/games as well (totally free of cost).
How to download/install 9Apps on your Android device-
- Download the app’s APK from here.
- Once it gets downloaded, use a file manager and access the location where the 9Apps has been downloaded. **
- Open it and start the installation process.
- Once it gets installed, open the app.
** Please note that to install 9App, you will have to enable the installation from unknown sources. To do that-
- Go to Settings.
- Open Security Settings.
- Enable the installation from Unknown Sources.
- Then initiate the installation.
Apart from that, 9Apps games does not ask for additional permissions like, root access or Super-user access. So, it works equally fine on non-rooted devices as well. A direct comparison between Play Store and 9Apps tells us that not only is all the content entirely free on 9Apps and 9Aps, but the app is light and fast. There is no need to sign-up/login, so people are saved from the unnecessary time spent on registration. So, what are you people waiting for? Download 9Apps and enter the world of unlimited downloads.